Perfection is sometimes approached in treatment of the crooked nose today but not fully achieved due to the continued existence of flaws. While the traditional surgical algorithm envisages the use of 2 series of procedures to straighten the nasal bones and cartilaginous septum, the addition of a third appears very useful with a view to obtaining truly excellent results, above all in the case of marked deviation. The authors present their experience in the use of certain procedures designed to correct asymmetry of the upper lateral and lower lateral cartilages, as well as the soft covering tissues where necessary.A retrospective study was carried out on 105 patients treated for crooked nose over a 3-year period, 90% of the patients being due to trauma and the remaining 10% to congenital malformation. All the patients involved severe deviation of the nasal pyramid.The mean follow-up period was 18 months (range: 8-36 months). The use of these additional surgical procedures made it possible to obtain excellent final results in 83 (97.6%) patients with crooked nose of traumatic origin and in 17 (85%) patients with crooked nose due to congenital malformation. No major complication was registered, although 3 patients did present minor complications not connected with the nasal deviation.In conclusion, more modern approach to correction of the crooked nose should involve not only realignment of the osteocartilaginous axis but also treatment of the neighboring structures.
Scheda prodotto non validato
Attenzione! I dati visualizzati non sono stati sottoposti a validazione da parte dell'ateneo
|Titolo:||Treatment of the Crooked Nose: The Final Steps to Perfection|
CARINCI, Francesco (Penultimo)
|Data di pubblicazione:||2017|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||03.1 Articolo su rivista|